MANUAL for measuring and monitoring SUSTAINABILITY of TOURISM DESTINATIONS
Research area : Sustainable tourism development
Project manager : Ph.D. Damir Krešić
Implementation period : 2018.
Client : Ministry of Tourism
Given the trend of informed management and starting from the current development moment of Croatian tourism as well as the fact that the systematic measurement of tourism sustainability indicators in the Republic of Croatia is in the initial phase of development, one of the goals of this document is to increase the total number of destinations involved in the measurement process. This will ensure timeliness and spatial comparability of sustainability, improvement of measurement methodology and database, which has the function of informed management, as well as the determination of the supporting capacity of the destination.
Accordingly, this document defines guidelines for:
• Determining a common methodology for collecting primary data
• unification of secondary data collection and calculation system
• Creating a Clear Process of Establishing a Local Observatory by Steps
• Create a unified reporting system
• Determining the process of determining specific destination indicators.